Thursday, February 26, 2009

Azzedine Alaia

Stephanie Seymour speaks with the designer for the March 2009 issue of Interview. The two old friends recall warm memories in this sweet interview. 

-----
"SS: You famously settled in Rue de Bellechasse, which was extremely small. There were sewing machines everywhere... in the bathroom, in the kitchen. I have such fond memories. 

AA: It made you laugh when you first visited! You were 14 years old. 

SS: Yes, I was. And I had never done a show in my life! I went on 20 go-sees around Paris and you were the only one who hired me. You even called your friends to try to persuade them to use me. Their response was, "Her rear is too round!" And you response was, "I think it's perfect." I was a total disaster in the shows. Your atelier was so small and you had to do three shows each day for seven days, so you just kept me on. That's when we became so close. You really took care of me, Papa."

No comments:

Post a Comment